You can now sign up to participate in the 2nd Annual Birth Activist Retreat online. For $60 you can access to the retreat live or at a later date. Once you have registered you can also join the exclusive retreat facebook group. Click here to register now!
Live Streaming Schedule - This schedule is subject to change, we will do our best to keep it current!
Saturday, July 27
9:00 – 9:40 Dawn Thompson – ImprovingBirth.org
9:40 – 10:20 Karen Rachel Brody -BOLD Method
10:20 – 10:40 Barbara Rivera - Empowered Birth Awareness Week
1:30 – 2:30 Social Media Panel with Kate Donahue (Human Rights in Childbirth) and Gina Crosley-Corcoran (Feminist Breeder)
2:30 – 2:50 Grassroots Organizing and Political Change with Adeola Adeseun (California Families for Access to Midwives)
2:50 – 3:10 Political Strategy with Dave Paxon
3:10 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 4:30 VBACtivism with Gina Crosley-Corcoran (Feminist Breeder)
4:30 – 5:30 Overcoming Activist Burnout, the BOLD Method Approach with Karen Rachel Brody
5:30 – 6:00 Managing the media Cristen Pascucci (ImprovingBirth.org)
7:30 – 8:10 Cristen Pascucci – Human Rights in Childbirth and Rebecca Dekker Evidence Based Birth
Sunday, July 28
9:00 – 9:40 Michal Klau-Stevens – BirthNetwork National
*** ALL TIMES ARE MOUNTAIN TIME ***
1. “How the heck is this going to work?!” - We have a high quality webcam that we will be hooking up to a laptop. We are using AnyMeeting.com to host. The picture quality will be best if you view the event on a computer that has a direct link to the internet, not wi-fi. You will still be able to watch on wi-fi, but the picture and sound quality may not be as clear. We will start the camera at the beginning of each speaker’s presentation and turn the camera off when they finish.
2. “How do I find the meeting on-line?” - When you fill out the registration form, you will be asked to create a password. After you make your payment at PayPal, AnyMeeting.com will send you an e-mail confirmation that contains a link to the meeting. Simply click on the link at the time of the speaker you wish to see, enter your password and you will be able to watch!
3. “Why did the feed stop after the speaker’s presentation? How do I see a new speaker?” - We will be turning off the camera when no one is presenting. We will resume the feed once someone is ready to present. Simply go back to the e-mail confirmation and re-click the link to rejoin the meeting at the appropriate time (see schedule above for the presenters and the time that they will be speaking).
4. “What if I have technical issues?” - Please let us know if you are having a problem by using the chat feature at the bottom left of the screen. We will have someone watching and responding to the live chat throughout the conference.
5. “What if I can only watch some of the presenters during the live stream? Will I be able to watch the footage at a later time?” - Yes, you will be able to access the presentations for a month after the retreat on YouTube. We will be using professional audio and video equipment to record the presentations. We will edit each presentation and upload them to YouTube and set the videos to “private.” Only those who have paid will be able to access these videos. Once you have paid, we will send you an e-mail with details about how to access the recorded material.